Coffee of Turks; Turkish Coffee
Turkish coffee is one of the indispensable values of Turkish culture. Since the Ottoman period, with its taste and smell, it is always unique. It accompanies sweet conversations and is drunk after fine meals and the most important detail of the asking for girl’s hand in marriage. The most important factor that makes Turkish coffee so special is the foam. Here are the secrets of making a sparkling Turkish cup:
1. First of all, two teaspoon Turkish coffee are put for each cup in coffee pot. It is important that the coffee be made as fresh as possible, and we recommend that you do not use the coffee that has been dated for a long time or is lightly moistened.
2. Then put enough water for each cup. It is also important that the water you use will be drinking water. Because chlorinated tap waters can disturb the taste of your coffee. If you want to make your coffee with more foamy, cold water from the refrigerator will be even more effective.
3. Cube or powdered sugar is then added according to the amount of sugar desired. Everyone in turkish coffee has different sugar preference. While black coffee don’t need any sugar; half cube sugar is added to coffee with a little sugar, 1 cube is added to coffee with medium sugar, 2 cubes are added to coffee with a lot of sugar.
4. After you have set all the pieces and put them in the pot, before fire up the oven, all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and cooked i a low heat.
5. The coffee is taken from the cooker at the exact time of boiling. Because if it is stay too much, the boiling foam can die down. Also, the coffee taken from the cooker can not be directly poured into the cups. First, foams on top are taken with the spoon and are distributed to the cups and then put back on fire again.
6. When it boils, the coffee taken from the cooker is evenly distributed to the cups. It is also important that you pour coffee from the edge of the cup.